A unified and methodical approach to IoT
The Smart Dubai IoT Business Strategy will enable the city to achieve the most advanced Internet of Things ecosystem with a collaborative and methodical approach.
To deliver the benefits of an advanced Internet of Things ecosystem - empowering the city to achieve 17.9 billion AED in benefits from IoT by 2020 - Smart Dubai has planned a comprehensive strategic approach spanning six domains. Smart Dubai will guide Dubai's Internet of Things implementation with good governance and effective management; plan deployment and support acceleration; and ensure ongoing security and profit sustainability for all partners on benefitting from the Internet of Things.
Transparent and effective governance of IoT technologies in Dubai
- Establish thoughtful governance of the IoT ecosystem.
- Develop polices supporting responsible growth of the IoT ecosystem.
- Support effectiveness and purposefulness of IoT deployment and development.
- Establish Centres of Excellence to support global IoT knowledge sharing.
Better management of Dubai's smart city with IoT sensing technologies
- Define a sustainable approach to the IoT ecosystem development.
- Develop standards and processes for IoT sensors, devices, communication and computing.
- Guide with care and responsibility to support achieving Dubai's citywide goals and ambitions.
Efficient deployment of IoT sensors and devices in the city
- Deploy new IoT sensors and devices supporting smart services.
- Coordinate collaboration on IoT initiatives to maximize the positive impact of IoT sensors and devices deploying in Dubai.
- Provide analytical capabilities for new value generation from IoT data.
Accelerate deployment of IoT-based smart solutions
- Incubate innovation and encourage new ideas to build Smart Solutions leveraging IoT technologies.
- Develop government-wide collaboration for IoT initiatives.
- Provide a common IoT platform for interconnected IoT sensors and devices.
Address risk of interoperability and security of sensors’ deployment
- Support privacy and sensitivity of IoT data in alignment with the Dubai Data Law.
- Protect transparency, privacy and manageability of the IoT ecosystem.
- Apply cyber security coverage for the IoT ecosystem.
Explored monetisation opportunities of the IoT ecosystem
- Generate new value from the IoT data provided by IoT sensors and devices.
- Develop new solutions and services to monetize the IoT ecosystem.
- Support IoT ecosystem commercialisation in collaboration with communities and enterprises.